MBBS, MRCS, FRCS (Gen Surg), FEBS (Breast Surgery)
Consultant Oncoplastic, Aesthetic & Reconstructive Breast Surgeon
Guardian of Safe Working – D & G Trust
Chair – Breast TSSG, Kent & Medway
Ms Seema Seetharam has been practicing as a Consultant Oncoplastic and Reconstructive Breast Surgeon since 2010. She has developed a Breast service that provides a high standard comprehensive care, both within her NHS and private practice.
She graduated from Mangalore University in India in 1995 and underwent her Basic Surgical Training including a period of formal research in the West of Scotland region. Her specialist training in Breast and Oncoplastic surgery was completed in the South East London region (including Guy’s hospital, London and PRUH, Bromley).
In 2010, she was part of the first ever cohort of surgeons to be awarded Fellow of European Board of Surgery Qualification (FEBS) in Breast Surgery.
- She is experienced in the management of a wide spectrum of breast disease, both benign and malignant, and offers One-Stop clinic consultation which includes Triple assessment (clinical examination, imaging and biopsy as required) and is supported by an excellent team of Radiologist, Pathologist, Oncologist and Breast Clinical Nurse Specialist.
- She has surgical expertise in Reconstructive Breast Surgery offering latest techniques such as Implant based reconstruction, Acellular Dermal Matrix (ADM), Lipofilling (fat transfer) and Nipple areolar reconstruction.
- She particularly has a special interest in Oncoplastic Breast Surgery which uses plastic surgery skills to achieve a cosmetically superior outcome in breast conserving procedures for cancer.
- She also offers wide range of Cosmetic Breast Surgical procedures such as Augmentation, Reduction, Mastopexy and Symmeterisation.
- She offers clinical consultations for patients with Family History of breast cancer as well.
- She has numerous publications and has presented at both national and international meetings.
- She also has a special interest in surgical training and was a Surgical Tutor for the Royal College of Surgeons of England until 2014.
- She is a strong proponent of public education and awareness. She has conducted workshops and given invited talks for GPs, patients and public regarding Breast Disease.
- She believes in compassionate and personalised care which ensures a positive patient experience even under challenging circumstances.
Monday: The Sloane Hospital, Beckenham: 18.00 to 20.00
Tuesday: Genesis Healthcare, 17 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent: 14.00-16.00
Friday: HCA at The Shard, London: 10.00 to 14.00
“From the first consultation Ms Seema Seetharam instantly put me at ease and her compassion helped no end with my Breast Cancer Diagnosis. Always reassuring and going above & beyond with care she provided me, always there at the end of the phone and regularly checked in on me in between treatments. She literally saved my life and made it as stress free as she possibly could throughout.
An Incredible surgeon who i am so pleased to have had by my side throughout the roughest time of my life.”
“I met Ms. Seetharam after finding a dent in my right breast skin. She conducted an initial examination and immediately sent me for a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy. I was subsequently diagnosed with breast cancer that same day.
Upon my initial diagnosis as well as throughout my treatment and consultations with her, I have always found her to be compassionate and kind in her approach, taking the time to patiently explain all eventualities and being open to answer the many questions that my husband and I had. She has designed a thorough treatment plan and has referred me to highly respected medical professionals for further investigations and treatment.
My treatment is expected to continue for at least another year, however, I know that I am in excellent hands with Ms. Seetharam and have full faith and confidence in her as my Consultant.”